Attendance rose from 2010's level upon the return to the Music City. Tomlin applauded Nashville for demonstrating that it is a city of resilience in the wake of massive and damaging flooding that left portions of buildings like the Grand Old Opry and the Gaylord Opryland Resort, host venue of Credit Congress, submerged.
NACM would like to congratulate 2011's group of award winners, who were recognized Monday at the Gaylord Opryland resort:
- O.D. Glaus Credit Executive of Distinction Award: Mike "Pooch" Puccinelli
- Chairman Award: Phyllis Truitt, CCE
- CCE Designation of Excellence: Sheila Romes, CCE
- CBF Designation of Excellence: Don Kruggel, CBF
- CBA Designation of Excellence: Kathy Antoine, CBA
- Instructor of the Year: Gwen Stroops, CCE
- Student of the Year: Shane Norman, CCE
(Editor’s Note: Check back on NACM’s blog and our Twitter feed -- our handle is NACM_National --throughout the week for regular updates from 2011’s NACM Credit Congress in Nashville. Extended coverage will be featured in the July/August edition of Business Credit Magazine).
Brian Shappell, NACM staff writer